Friday, January 24, 2014

Pinterest Dinner #1 - Spicy Black Bean Wrap with fresh Salsa

I really enjoyed this recipe, mostly because of how fresh it tasted.  It is a good twist on salad.  And it is pretty filling too.  I did not use the sprouts as seen here (our store was all out :( ), but I believe they would make a great addition.  

The best part about this meal is that it came together in under ten minutes!  Great for if you are in a hurry!

Mmmm this looks amazing!!  **spicy black beans with chipotle avocado sauce, cilantro, tomato, lettuce, cucumber, red onion, & sprouts.

Ingredients

Whole Wheat Tortillas
1 Cucumber
1 Tomatoes
Mixed Greens
1 can of Black Beans
2 medium Avocados
A pinch of Salt
Fresh lime juice or zest

First mash up your avocados in a bowl.  Get it to a spreadable consistency and then add a bit of salt and lime juice.  

Chop up all veggies into bite sized pieces.  Then take your tortilla and spread a little (or a lot) of the avocado and lime juice mixture.  Put on your desired amount of all other ingredients.  Wrap up and enjoy!



As a pre-dinner snack I made a chunky salsa.  Although I am not personally a huge fan of cilantro, this definitely hit the spot for the snackers in our house.  

Ingredients

1 heaping spoon of garlic (Caned or two cloves of fresh)
1/4 red onion chopped
1/4 bunch of cilantro (you can use more....again I like my cilantro to be muted)
3 tomatoes, diced
A dash of salt and red pepper flakes

Here is the best part, after chopping everything just mix it together in a bowl and put it in the refrigerator for 10 minutes or more.  It stores really easy and goes well with chips!  All in all this part took me less than 10 minutes as well. 




Do you guys have any favorite clean eating wraps you enjoy?  Let me know about them.

The next meal I am going to tackle is sesame chicken in the crock pot!  Yum. 

No comments:

Post a Comment